The earth below me shakes and the head of mine swirls
O! Nirabaya O! Zainab
You shake me every day every minute every second.
I spend the sleepless nights
Sometimes in sorrow sometimes gathering courage
Each day I feel your tiny hands your shrieking crying souls.
I cannot deny but it bothers me to my bones
To feel the piercing pain you must have gone through,
Breaching through your heart, your minds and your bodies.
I feel so numb and restless for all I can do is
To gather strength to pray for souls like you
For I don’t know how many more Zainabs
will be snatched off of the tiny teddies and toys
For I don’t know how many Nirabayas
Who grew up upright from being the tiny tots
To shining bright stars in the sky.
Yes I feel you each day yes I feel you every passing night
With every passing minute with every passing day!

O! Nirabaya O! Zainab You shake me every day every minute every second.
I spend the sleepless nights
Sometimes in sorrow sometimes gathering courage
Each day I feel your tiny hands your shrieking crying souls.
I cannot deny but it bothers me to my bones
To feel the piercing pain you must have gone through,
Breaching through your heart, your minds and your bodies.
I feel so numb and restless for all I can do is
To gather strength to pray for souls like you
For I don’t know how many more Zainabs
will be snatched off of the tiny teddies and toys
For I don’t know how many Nirabayas
Who grew up upright from being the tiny tots
To shining bright stars in the sky.
Yes I feel you each day yes I feel you every passing night
With every passing minute with every passing day!
Comments
Post a Comment